Monday, May 31, 2010

Pulau Sibu, Johor, Malaysia

The day we flew back from Cambodia, we were picked up from the airport, driven to my dad's office and then got on the road to drive to Tanjong Leman Jetty, which is about a 4 hour drive. I was the navigator, which anybody who knows me knows would not be my strong point, but we made it and got on the 6 pm boat ride to the island.

Sibu has absolutely the prettiest beaches I have ever seen and very clear water, my pictures do not even begin show how pretty it is. Anyway, the boat took us to Sea Gypsy Village Resort, which is made up of about 20 little wooden cabins on stilts, a large bar/dining area and a place to rent diving, snorkeling and other equipment. The resort was pretty basic and you had to sleep under mosquito nets, but it was a perfect simple, relaxing and beautiful beach get away - and they had awesome food!

We went snorkeling twice and we got to see lots of coral and some fish, but unfortunately we didn't see any small reef sharks or sea turtles, but my dad and I managed to get quite good sunburns.

We are now back in KL. Last night we ate dim sum, which is like fancy wontons served in small steamer baskets. They were freshly made and tasted sooo good, I know I'm going to be craving them all of the time. We then walked around a little bit and went to another mall, which was by far the coolest mall I have ever seen. It's really hard to describe, I think I will need to go back and take pictures, but every wall, floor and restaurant was decorated differently and so beautifully. We stopped at one bar that was made of different colored glass bottles and glass lanterns, I had a lychee martini, which was amazing.

Today we are going to go on a tour bus of KL and then thursday we head to Bangkok.


2 comments:

  1. looks like such a fun trip! I'm sure there's no way to show us what all you can see.. but I enjoyed reading the updates. Glad yall are having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girls!

    LOVE THE BLOG! It's so cool to keep up with all the amazing things you are doing on the trip. Enjoy Thailand...I am so glad you all are able to go.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete