Monday, June 14, 2010

Last day in KL

We spent our last day in Kuala Lumpur sleeping in, doing some laundry and then heading to KLCC, the shopping center below the twin towers. We ate lunch, which we were both happy to find was very good (we haven't had the best luck finding out own lunch places). Around 3 we met up with my dad and headed out on the subway to Chinatown/Peddling street to do some shopping, grab the same dinner we had on our first night and be brave and try the much heard about durian. Dinner was absolutely amazing! Sarah had been craving the chili chicken since we had it and we thought it would be quite nice to end the trip the way we began. Durian on the other hand was in NO WAY nice. In fact, it is probably the most disgusting thing I have ever eaten. We had heard that it smelled really bad but tasted good, this is not true - it smells like decaying animal and I cannot even describe the way it tastes. It reminded me of old beef that had been pureed and then served at room temperature, but this still does not do it justice. Sarah described it as mushed bananas and honey, but much worse. My dad might have summed it up best when he said "I would rather change 3 baby diapers with my teeth than ever eat that again." My fingers smelled so horribly that when walking away I actually gagged, needless to say - none of us will ever be eating that or recommending it to anybody we like.

No comments:

Post a Comment