Monday, June 14, 2010

On leaving - Sarah

This trip has gone by way too fast. I still cannot believe some of the places we have visited! In these three weeks Samantha and I have done so much and I can't believe it's all coming to an end. We have had the best time while here and I am leaving with a plethora of funny stories and memories to take with me. Here is my top ten list of things I will miss:
1. travelling
2. having great adventures with Samantha
3. 100 plus (an amazing sports drink which I cannot believe I haven't ever mentioned in this blog...I'm addicted)
4. tea tarik (aka teh tarik)
5. watermelon juice
6. cheap prices!
7. food: dim son, chili chicken, and lots of fresh fruit (that does not include durian of course!)
8. beaches...gorgeous beaches!
9. being TALL! That's right..you heard me..tall!! Everybody here is super short!!
10. Tiger and Bintang Beer

1 comment:

  1. I had never heard of durian, so I googled it, and here is what wikipedia had to say for those of you like me, who have never encountered it...

    "The edible flesh emits a distinctive odour, strong and penetrating even when the husk is intact. Some people regard the durian as fragrant; others find the aroma overpowering and offensive. The smell evokes reactions from deep appreciation to intense disgust. The odour has led to the fruit's banishment from certain hotels and public transportation in southeast Asia."

    LOL! I can't wait to hear all about the trip in person---I hope you left the durian in Asia. :)

    Mary

    ReplyDelete